Discover the premium hair care, hair styling and skin care products from American Crew here at Befaf. Presented in classically cool packaging, the American Crew range meets all your daily needs for all skin and hair types. One of the most popular brands for men on the market.
American Crew is more than just another product supplier. It’s a landmark in the history of men’s grooming. It’s the leading salon brand created specifically for men and the stylists they trust.
In 1994, a stylist named David Raccuglia foresaw a future when men would pay as much attention to their looks as anyone else. And he knew they wouldn’t want to lose their masculinity in the process.
Today American Crew is the leading professional men’s grooming brand in the world. Men and their stylists count on us for the latest and best in hair, body, shave and styling products. And for more than 20 years, we’ve delivered.
1. Apply American Crew to wet or dry depending on hair type – your hair type will give the best indication of how you should apply the pomade. If you have coarse, thick, or afro hair, applying to wet hair will help lock in moisture and condition the hair. If you have fine or thinning hair, applying to dry hair will stop it from appearing drowned, and will help to ensure you’re applying evenly through the hair.
2. If you need to build body for your style, do it first – if you’re using Pomade to create a pompadour, a 90s boyband middle parting, a James Dean quiff, or any other style that requires volume, then you need to build this first. Apply a mousse or pre-styling thickening spray to damp hair, blow dry, and then you’re ready to go.
3. Don’t just slap it on, coat the hair – with waxes, clays, and similar products, you can get away with applying onto the hair and blending in. Pomades, on the other hand, will significantly darken and dampen the hair, as well as weighing it down. For the best effects, therefore, apply at the roots and thoroughly distribute through the hair. This does not mean you need to apply huge quantities, just that you need to be methodical and consistent with what you use, which brings us to our next point.
4. Be conservative – drowning your hair by weighing it down and making it appear too ‘wet’, is a common mistake. Avoid this by using sparingly, but employing a tactical approach. Use a small quantity, to begin with, and build with a number of equally small applications until you reach the perfect level.
5. Comb the hair – pomade’s main advantage is how combable it is compared to other products, and really, you’re not getting the most out of the product without a comb. What’s more, to get the proper effect, you need to comb any hair that’s long enough to comb. That means if you have a fade or a taper, you need to comb flat or comb back sections at the sides and crown that are long enough
6. Lock in the style – pomades are usually low hold, but you can lock your style in place by finishing off with a hairspray.
Gift Sets for Men